UC Financial Assistance

Financial assistance is available to low-income working parents struggling to afford quality child care. Specific eligibility levels and the process for obtaining child care assistance vary by state. You can learn more about a variety of financial assistance options below:

Discounted Rates for University of Cincinnati students and employees

Empower Learn Create offers discounted tuition rates for children of University of Cincinnati students and employees.

Cincinnati Preschool Promise

Cincinnati Preschool Promise is a non-profit organization with a mission of expanding access to quality preschool in the City of Cincinnati. Preschool expansion is made possible thanks to a significant investment from taxpayers who approved a five-year Cincinnati Public Schools levy in 2016. Cincinnati Preschool Promise is utilizing funds to expand the number of quality preschools and for tuition assistance for families who need it most. Parents who qualify may enroll children in community-based preschool or Cincinnati Public Schools preschool of their choice.

For more information, please call 513.447.4CPP (4277) or email info@cincy-promise.org

Ohio Public Child Care Subsidy

Public child care subsidy is generally available for Ohio low-income working parents or parents enrolled in approved work or training programs. Other eligibility guidelines also apply.

Parents apply for subsidy through their county’s Ohio Department of Job and Family Services office. Most parents are required to pay part of the cost of their child’s care, although the exact amount depends upon family size and income.

Parents may use licensed child care centers and school-age programs or licensed family child care providers. Relatives may become certified to provide care outside the child’s home. Parents may also have the option of using family members or friends by completing a parent inspection of the potential provider’s home.

For more information or to apply for subsidy, call the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services in the county where you live. You may also visit HERE